All activities related to execution of construction projects on industrial sites with an emphasis on bulk material handling. Applicant will be expected to have technical and practical knowledge to develop feasible and effective solutions for typical installation/execution constraints.
Candidates should have a ticket or experience in a relevant trade or some applicable technical training with the intention of working with field crews on site developing execution plans in detail. A mechanical technologist background with field experience could suffice.
10-15 years of experience in bulk material handling systems as an installation contractor in heavy industry. Exposure to plant facilities, commodity ports and terminals, heavy equipment/machinery or maintenance of facility operating equipment is beneficial. Some millwright experience is a requirement. Experience on operating port terminals in Vancouver working with various materials such as potash, Sulphur, coal, grain and agri-products is considered a strong asset.
- Lead and direct field crews, foremen and charge-hands on installation projects (typical value range: $100k – $5m)
- Identify efficient means of construction execution methodology through liaising with engineers, tradespeople, clients and project managers
- Mentor foreman, charge-hands, junior field engineers and project managers
- Participate in estimates of execution hours, equipment and other resources required for installation projects
- Problem solve on site in a fast paced environment under the constraint of tight construction schedules
- Schedule construction tasks while identifying critical aspects of the execution
- Propose creative value solutions
- Meet with existing and potential clients and develop new project opportunities
- Evaluate IFC drawings for fabrication and installation deficiencies
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Time management, prioritization, multitasking and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to be detail oriented and analytical in problem solving
- Self-motivated with an ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Class 5 driver’s license required with a clean drivers abstract