Our business, LNS Services a design-build contractor located in Burnaby, B.C, that provides engineering, project management and construction services to heavy industrial facilities and processing plants throughout British Columbia. Our specialty in materials handling, manufacturing, maintenance and other material processes has allowed us to lead in the industry over the last 30 years.
We are looking for a new team member to fill the position of Industrial Foreman at LNS Services reporting to the Field Superintendent.
In this position you will provide leadership, schedule, coordinate, supervise and ensure the safety and productivity of crews at the workface who install/assemble components of industrial products and structures. As a key participant in relationships with the office, sub-contractors, and client, you will act as management liaison and client interface.
You will be accountable for:
- Leading the crew, coaching / teaching crew members and being accountable for how the crew completes the assigned work, while understanding and consistently applying client policies
- Facilitating a safe work culture, ensuring crewmembers apply the standards for safe working conditions and are fit for work each day
- Forming and implementing workface crew plans, as well as scheduling, organizing and delegating work
- Following project plans, schedules and ensuring the crew’s daily and weekly activities meet production goals
- Communicating with client representatives on behalf of the company, with the company’s goals and values in mind
- Ensuring that the completed work meets standards and recommending work processes that will improve productivity and product quality
- Applying good problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Handling the administrative duties of the position, including completion of required project documents
- Assisting the estimating manager with small scale bids when required
To qualify for this role, you must have:
- 3 to 5 years’ experience as a qualified and competent millwright in a Site Foreman position, who is familiar with other construction disciplines. Note - experience in the industrial construction sector is required
- Experience supervising between 5 and 30 employees
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to effectively use computers and other technology
- Current Level 1 First Aid certificate is an asset
- Completed a formal supervisory training program is an asset
- Hold a valid B.C. Class 5 Driver's License, with a clean abstract
- An excellent work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done